Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Flu shot by MA to est patient

Marita Posted Sat 08th of March, 2014 01:34:44 AM

How would you properly bill a flu shot if the est. patient only came in for a flu shot administered by the MA?
99211 - 25
G0008 - 59

Is this correct?

SuperCoder Answered Sun 09th of March, 2014 18:39:07 PM

I agree. So, you can report an E/M service with a vaccine administration code if and only if the E/M service was significant and separately identifiable from the vaccine administration. If a significant and separately identifiable E/M service was performed, you report the appropriate E/M code with modifier 25 (Significant, separately identifiable evaluation and management service by the same physician or other qualified health care professional on the same day of the procedure or other service) appended to it to show that the E/M service was distinct from the vaccine administration performed.

Related Topics