Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Flourosocopy of J Tube procedure

Angelic Posted Wed 27th of July, 2011 14:27:04 PM

This is a hospital based IR lab. What codes should we be using for a procedure in which we checked the J Tube under flouro?

We were thinking exam code of 76080 and wondering if we can use the procedure component of 49465 which is contrast injection for a tube?

SuperCoder Answered Wed 27th of July, 2011 20:51:16 PM

49465 covers contrast injection(s) for radiological evaluation of an existing tube, including image documentation and report.

So, I think we can't bill 76080 with 49065

Related Topics