Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Family Planning Modifier

Tracey Posted Fri 04th of October, 2013 13:10:35 PM

My understanding is that in the State of Nevada Family Planning is separately billable. I have been told to attach a modifier to the CPT code 99401 to receive payment. Assuming the 99401 is being billed with a 99384, how should I bill this?

SuperCoder Answered Fri 04th of October, 2013 19:15:11 PM

You would attach modifier 'FP' to CPT code 99401.

Tracey Posted Sat 05th of October, 2013 13:10:13 PM

That is the code that I have used for years and for some reason 99401 is now being denied. Can you think of any other reason?

SuperCoder Answered Sun 06th of October, 2013 17:24:05 PM

We suggest you contact the agency/insurance who is suddenly denying 99401 and ask for their explanation.

Related Topics