Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

ERCP with extension of sphincterotomy

Dawna Posted Mon 26th of November, 2012 17:28:17 PM

During ERCP:

What CPT code do you use for extending an existing sphincterotomy?

What about dilating an existing sphincterotomy?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 26th of November, 2012 22:55:06 PM

I recommend using 43262 for existing sphincterotomy

43271- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP); with endoscopic retrograde balloon dilation of ampulla, biliary and/or pancreatic duct(s)

When done with sphincterotomy, also use 43262)

Related Topics