Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

enterotomy code

Lynn Posted Tue 23rd of February, 2016 10:48:33 AM

Our doctor performed an abdominal hysterectomy cpt 58150 and then a small 3 mm enterotomy in the terminal ileum was repaired. What cpt should I use for that?

SuperCoder Answered Wed 24th of February, 2016 01:23:41 AM

According to NCCI edits "If an iatrogenic laceration/perforation of the small or large intestine occurs during the course of another procedure, repair of the laceration/perforation is not separately reportable." But if repair of small intestine (enterorrhaphy) was performed for perforated ulcer, diverticulum, wound, injury or rupture (other than accidental perforation during the primary procedure), then report it with CPT code 44602-59.

Related Topics