Clinical Documentation: Connecting the Dots | Join Webinar & Earn 1 AAPC® CEURegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

enteroscopy via enterostomy

Debra Posted Thu 22nd of September, 2016 16:34:53 PM
My physician says he did a enteroscopy of the jejunum via a jejunostomy and replaced a tube ? I need some guidance in coding
SuperCoder Answered Fri 23rd of September, 2016 03:51:26 AM

Greetings from SuperCoder!

There is no specific CPT code for endoscopic replacement of jejunostomy tube. So please make sure with your documentations and there could be the following scenarios to choose from:

  1. If an existing jejunostomy tube is removed and a new tube is placed via a separate percutaneous access site, the placement of new tube is not considered a replacement and would be reported using the appropriate initial placement codes e.g. 44372.
  2. Replacement of a jejunostomy tube may be reported with 49451. Use modifier 52 if fluoroscopic guidance is not performed.

Please feel free to write if you have any concern/query.


Related Topics