Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

dietary consultions-cpts codes

Sherry Posted Thu 17th of June, 2010 13:37:47 PM


SuperCoder Answered Fri 18th of June, 2010 06:34:29 AM

When a registered dietician provides the consultation, you have 97802-97803, G0270 or S9470. For a regular physician, you can use the preventive medicine series 99401-99404. These codes are appropriate when the patient does not have a current condition and the counseling is provided as a preventive measure. But when the patient comes with a problem, e.g. obessity or overweight, then you should go for a regular E/M code (99201-99215).

Related Topics