Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Marilyn Posted Mon 21st of April, 2014 18:33:45 PM

I am not sure if to use 729.5 for bilateral hand pain or 719.44 and also need help on diagnosis code for edema hands.

SuperCoder Answered Tue 22nd of April, 2014 08:09:12 AM

You need to decide if it is soft tissue pain or joint pain.

729.5 Includes: disorders of muscles and tendons and their attachments, and of other soft tissues

782.3 is for Hand edema.

Related Topics