Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Deflating Impant

Victoria Posted Fri 18th of October, 2019 15:38:41 PM
This patient was scheduled for surgery at VMC for (B) removal & replacement of implants but she ended up just deflating the implant instead. What would be the best CPT code to use?
SuperCoder Answered Mon 21st of October, 2019 07:06:36 AM

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for your question.


Since, there is no appropriate CPT® code for deflating the breast implant, it is advised to report code 19499 (Unlisted procedure, breast) for the above-mentioned scenario.


Please feel free to write if you have any further question.


Related Topics