Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

D&C assist

Sandra Posted Wed 07th of October, 2015 12:03:58 PM

My physician assisted on a D&C w/ U/S guidance. The primary Doctor billed 59820-22. If I am billing for the assistant fee, do I enter modider 80 first or modifier 22 then 80?
59820-22 -80
59820-80 22

SuperCoder Answered Thu 08th of October, 2015 10:14:55 AM

Well, you can bill it both ways in claim form, but it is advisable to append modifier 22 first in this case. Tell about increased procedural service first, then about assistant surgeon. Hope it helps!

Related Topics