Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Heather Posted Mon 25th of November, 2013 11:29:22 AM

We are performing a cytogenetic analysis on a bone marrow specimen and after several days, it is apparent that the culture didn't grow. Is there a cpt code that can be billed for a failed culture?

SuperCoder Answered Tue 26th of November, 2013 08:28:58 AM

Hi, we are working on this.Please be patient.


SuperCoder Answered Tue 26th of November, 2013 08:28:58 AM
With Ellen.
SuperCoder Answered Wed 27th of November, 2013 13:42:19 PM

You should bill 88237 for the bone marrow culture even if the culture is negative. You should not additionally bill for the cytogenetics analysis that was ordered but that you are not able to complete, such as 88262.

Related Topics