Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Cronic Care Management Code and Transisitional Care-CB

Lina Posted Tue 10th of November, 2015 14:54:59 PM

Can we bill CPT code 99490 (chronic care management) and 99291 or 99292 (transitional care) within the same 30 day period

SuperCoder Answered Thu 12th of November, 2015 03:41:47 AM


CPT codes 99291 or 99292 are not for transitional care management.

As per CMS, you cannot bill in addition to chronic care management services (99490) for a patient during the same time period are transitional care management services (99495 or 99496), home health care supervision (G0181), hospice care supervision (G0182), or certain end-stage renal disease services (90951-90970).

Lina Posted Thu 17th of December, 2015 09:37:55 AM

Sorry the correct transitional care codes should have been 99495 and 99496

SuperCoder Answered Fri 18th of December, 2015 02:15:33 AM

Yes, you are right. Transitional care codes are 99495 and 99496.

Related Topics