Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Critical care consult and floor consult

Bhailal Posted Mon 01st of March, 2010 21:42:21 PM

which code replace '99254' and '99255'? Which code can I use for pulamonary consult on floor and consult in ICU?

SuperCoder Answered Tue 02nd of March, 2010 06:52:21 AM

Use the initial hospital care codes in case of both new and established patient (99221- 99223)

Bhailal Posted Tue 02nd of March, 2010 17:31:51 PM

which code can i use for critical care consult?

SuperCoder Answered Wed 03rd of March, 2010 08:51:56 AM

You can use 99291 and +99292 for critical care. Look for the time documented in the report and in the CPT code descriptors and calculate the number of units of code accoedingly. If you are coding for pediatric crit. care services, look for the codes 99466 - 99476. Don't forget to check the age of the patient and the no. of minutes the CC service provided.

Related Topics