Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Lili Posted Tue 13th of December, 2016 18:44:52 PM
I need a CPT code for removal of foreign body intraocular with traumatic cataract. Thank You,
SuperCoder Answered Wed 14th of December, 2016 02:35:20 AM

Greetings from!

Please check your documentation carefully. If the foreign body is removed from anterior chamber, then you should report CPT code 65235.

If it is removed from posterior chamber, then you should choose code from these two codes 65260 (for magnetic extraction) or 65265 (for non-magnetic extraction).

Moreover, if cataract is also extracted, then you should report 66982, 66983, or 66984 depending on documentation of medical record. Please check CCI edits.

Please feel free to write if you have any further questions.


Related Topics