Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

cpt modifier

Maria Posted Tue 17th of March, 2015 15:25:08 PM

i use cpt 01860-59, but insurance does not wan to pay, it said a wrong modifier used. it was done by same Doctor who did the procedure, which other modifier can I use

SuperCoder Answered Wed 18th of March, 2015 04:02:36 AM

You might want to append modifier 47 (Anesthesia by surgeon) in place of modifier 59 which is used for a separate procedure/service.

Thank you!

Related Topics