Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

CPT code

Marina Posted Tue 18th of October, 2016 17:34:30 PM
What CPT code can I use to bill for an exploratory surgery for ruptured globe of both eyes?
SuperCoder Answered Wed 19th of October, 2016 02:20:09 AM

Greetings from!


A full-thickness injury to the cornea, sclera, or both is considered an eye globe injury. Considering that your provider has repaired it doing exploratory surgery, you should report CPT code from 65273- 65286 range depending upon the conditions mentioned in the code language.


Please feel free to write if you have any further questions.



Related Topics