Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

CPT code rigid sigmoidoscopy

E. maria Posted Thu 19th of December, 2013 17:29:03 PM

Please help - patient underwent rigid sigmoidoscopy under anesthesia with release of sigmoid volvulus and decompression of the colon. Placement of a stenting rectal tube through the sigmoid colon. I find CPT 45337 for decompression, but not able to find a code for the placement of a stenting rectal tube through the sigmoid colon. Can you please help me.

SuperCoder Answered Fri 20th of December, 2013 10:31:04 AM

You can use 45345 for the stent placement. But, one other thing, the procedure was rigid sigmoidoscopy. Both 45345 and 45337 (that he has selected for the decompression) is for flexible sigmoidoscopy. So, confirm on this with the Physician before actual submission.Thanks.

E. maria Posted Fri 20th of December, 2013 20:44:04 PM

Sorry, I meant to say rigid sigmoidoscopy, so what codes can I use.

E. maria Posted Mon 23rd of December, 2013 18:35:25 PM

In this case of rigid sigmoidocopy, will it be correct to use CPT code 45321 and 45327?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 23rd of December, 2013 23:22:03 PM

Yes, I confirmed this with editor too.

See how a little change in OP report documentation confuses a coder.

E. maria Posted Tue 24th of December, 2013 14:12:10 PM

Yes. Thank you

SuperCoder Answered Tue 24th of December, 2013 14:39:29 PM

You are always welcome!

Related Topics