Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Compliance Coordinator Radiology

Stacy Posted Wed 25th of March, 2015 15:11:37 PM

How do we bill When a primary care doctor orders a bone density study (and a vertebral fracture analysis and two different physicians read the studies. In 2015 these two studies can be combined (77085). However, if read by two different physicians (radiologist reads the 77086 and an endocrinologist reads the 77080, what is the correct way to bill?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 26th of March, 2015 08:07:04 AM

Yes you are correct about code 77085. However,in this case the two different physicians would need to bill their respective services performed.
77086 by the radiologist and 77080 by the endocrinologist.

Related Topics