Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Coding question?

Manoj Posted Wed 25th of April, 2012 16:32:09 PM

How do you bill for suboxone (ICD9- 304.0) done in the office. How can we bill for 304.0 code and physician spend more than 45min. Physician also order lab works. What other codes should I use?

SuperCoder Answered Wed 25th of April, 2012 21:05:58 PM

Use E/M codes,If time is extended, add 99354 with no modifiers for either code. Make sure the provider documents time spent with patient.

Suboxone test is a quantitative analysis, you should list that service using 83925 (Opiate[s], drug and metabolite[s], each procedure).
Because the Suboxone test is not a qualitative or confirmatory test, you should not use another drug screen code such as 80100 or 80102 (Drug confirmation, each procedure) to report the service.

If the quantitative analysis for Suboxone (buprenorphine with naloxone) requires two mobile phases, report two units of 83925.

Related Topics