Clinical Documentation: Connecting the Dots | Join Webinar & Earn 1 AAPC® CEURegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Chemo Education

Teresa Posted Mon 09th of February, 2015 15:40:16 PM

Could you please tell me the proper way to bill for chemo education. Our NP often codes an office visit for this. This is the only reason the patient is being seen.

SuperCoder Answered Tue 10th of February, 2015 08:34:58 AM

Yes, if chemo education is being performed, you should use the appropriate level of E/M code.

In case the service is being rendered to a group then you can use code 99078, Physician or other qualified health care professional qualified by education, training, licensure/regulation (when applicable) educational services rendered to patients in a group setting (eg, prenatal, obesity, or diabetic instructions).

Thanks !!

Related Topics