Prahlad Posted Fri 25th of October, 2019 07:15:01 AM
1. Selective coronary angiogram.
2. balloon angioplasty and stent placement to the LAD with total of three drug-eluting stents.
3. stent placement to the left main coronary .
4. Introduction of intraaortic balloon pump via the left common femoral artery.
5. Transvenous pacemaker implantation.
6. Modifier 22 for complex intervention....................PLS CODE
SuperCoder Answered Wed 30th of October, 2019 00:22:55 AM
Thanks for your question.
As per this limited documentation, please consider the following codes. Also please check CCI edits before billing.
93454-Catheter placement in coronary artery(s) for coronary angiography, including intraprocedural injection(s) for coronary angiography, imaging supervision and interpretation
92920-Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty; single major coronary artery or branch
37224-Revascularization, endovascular, open or percutaneous, femoral, popliteal artery(s), unilateral; with transluminal angioplasty
Range 33206-33208 (for placement of pacemaker) depending whether it was atrial or ventricular or both.
Modifier 22:-In order to append modifier 22 to a surgical procedure, check that the physician documented the reason(s) why the work he performed was more than he typically performs, and the documentation should include any or all of the following:
–Severe patient condition, which causes the surgery to be difficult, dangerous to the patient, and requires additional physical and mental effort from the physician
Since this is limited documentation, codes may vary depending upon the medical record. So we advise you to refer complete medical record. Also please check CCI edits before billing.
Please feel free to write if you have any question.