Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Can we bill 99213 and 82948?

Randi Posted Mon 05th of May, 2014 10:09:30 AM

Are we allowed to charge 99213 with 82948? If so, do we use a 25 modifier on the E&M? Or, is this something that is normally included with the visit?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 05th of May, 2014 17:10:42 PM

If your practice performs only a simple blood glucose test, you should report 82948 only. Diabetic patients sometimes come in just for lab visits to check the accuracy of their own blood glucose meters against the lab's results to make sure their meters are functioning properly. If a patient sees the physician for a blood glucose test as part of the visit, you can bill for the E/M service with modifier 25 and 82948.

Related Topics