Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Can physician bill Cardioversion?

Kelly Posted Thu 03rd of November, 2011 20:07:03 PM

Our physician was called into the hospital to do an Observation admission which he coded 99220. He also noted that he performed a Cardioversion which I think is 92960. Can our physician bill for the cardioversion? Can we bill for both services?

SuperCoder Answered Fri 04th of November, 2011 04:23:09 AM

As it is an Elective (nonemergency) external electrical cardioversion, you can code both.

Related Topics