Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Bundling between 43248 and 43239 question already answered by Supercoder

Catherine Posted Wed 15th of July, 2015 13:18:14 PM

This is actually not a question, but I wanted to confirm that for the professional side, modifier 51 would be appropriate. For the facility side, no modifier should be used. Insurance should submit a policy in regards to their modifier preference.
Thank you.

SuperCoder Answered Thu 16th of July, 2015 00:53:25 AM

You can bill 2 digit modifiers (up to 4 modifiers in a claim line) in facility UB 04 claim form. Yes you are right, you should ask the insurance company about the document of modifier preference.

Related Topics