Apurva Posted Thu 31st of October, 2019 04:50:37 AM
When can a claim be billed under the medical director of the laboratory
SuperCoder Answered Fri 01st of November, 2019 06:22:28 AM
Thank you for your question.
Under the following essential medical services, claim can be billed by medical director of the laboratory.
- Assuring that tests, examinations, and procedures are properly performed, recorded and reported;
- Interacting with members of the medical staff regarding issues of laboratory operations, quality, and test availability;
- Designing protocols and establishing parameters for performance of clinical testing;
- Recommending appropriate follow-up diagnostic tests, when appropriate;
- Supervising laboratory technicians and advising technicians regarding aberrant results;
- Selecting, evaluating, and validating test methodologies;
- Directing, performing, and evaluating quality assurance and control procedures;
- Evaluating clinical laboratory data and establishing a process for review of test results prior to issuance of patient reports
Hope that helps!
Apurva Posted Tue 05th of November, 2019 05:10:19 AM
Thank You. Can we get a source document to refer to or is there any CMS link which provides the data on the same
SuperCoder Answered Wed 06th of November, 2019 05:17:39 AM