Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Billing the professional and technical of chest x-ray

Rhonda Posted Thu 11th of October, 2012 19:48:40 PM

If we have a doctor in our group order a chest x-ray, but then it's read by another physician (our pulmonologist) is it correct to bill both the 71010-26 and 71010-TC if it's all done here in the clinic. We own the x-ray machine. I'm kinda in a debate w/ our office administrator about this. Would love an answer ASAP.

Thanks so much!!!!

SuperCoder Answered Thu 11th of October, 2012 21:25:13 PM

Correct; 26 for the professional provider(pulmonologist) and TC for the equipment part in the clinic.

Rhonda Posted Mon 15th of October, 2012 16:20:20 PM

So, it's ok to bill this way even though both charges are going to be billed under the same Tax ID # ?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 15th of October, 2012 23:55:10 PM

Yes with different modifiers

Related Topics