Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Billing purchase services for Medicare

Shani Posted Tue 20th of September, 2016 16:36:22 PM
When billing a purchased service for Medicare, should the claim go on one ticket with split lines, so that the Purchased price can correctly go on the 1500, or should two claim forms be used. One for the PC and on for the TC with the purchased price?
SuperCoder Answered Wed 21st of September, 2016 04:04:27 AM

If the billing is to be done for physician, then both purchases can be billed on same form with two different lines, i.e. CMS 1500 form. On other hand, if you are billing for Professional Component (PC)- bill it on CMS 1500 form, and if you are billing for Technical Component (TC)- bill it on UB-04 form, because this is facility side of billing, so UB-04 form need to be used.

Related Topics