Connect to the Online Code Search That’s Right for You! START COMPARING >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask an Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding question? Get definitive answers from TCI SuperCoder's Ask an Expert.

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all
Karen Posted Tue 08th of August, 2017 10:36:47 AM
We have a LCSW who is seeing patients, but also on their behalf she will attend multidisciplinary team meetings (MTM) via phone/ or physically for patient involved in CPS cases with their children. I'm not sure if and how we can bill for the time spent by our Psychologist on behalf of these patients.
SuperCoder Answered Wed 09th of August, 2017 05:03:26 AM


Please find the Non covered services according to CMS for CSW. 

Non-covered Services Services of a CSW are not covered by Medicare Part B when furnished to inpatients of a hospital, patients of a partial hospitalization program, or to inpatients of a skilled nursing facility (SNF) if the services furnished in the SNF are those that the SNF is required to furnish as a condition of participation with Medicare. In addition, CSW services are not covered if they are otherwise excluded from Medicare coverage even though a CSW is authorized by State law to perform them. Therapeutic services that are billed by a CSW under CPT psychotherapy codes that include E/M services are not covered. CSWs may not bill for pharmacological management. Also, there is no provision for billing services rendered incident to a CSW.

Also find attached the link :

Karen Posted Thu 10th of August, 2017 13:05:38 PM
I'm not sure if you understood my question. We have a LCSW who see's the patient in office and also sits in on meetings on behalf of the patient. This is usually for CPS cases. How can I go about billing for the time spent in meetings.
SuperCoder Answered Mon 14th of August, 2017 07:30:49 AM


Kindly look into the CPT codes for social worker 90791 and 90853.


Related Topics