Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask an Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding question? Get definitive answers from TCI SuperCoder's Ask an Expert.

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all
Shani Posted Fri 20th of March, 2015 11:07:48 AM

In our ED, when providing a radiology service, we need to bill "global".
Is this how the tech and professional components should be entered on the UB? Two separate lines for (in this case) a chest x-ray?

71020 324 (representing the technical component) AND
71020 972 (representing the professional component)

Thank you in advance for your help.

SuperCoder Answered Mon 23rd of March, 2015 04:50:10 AM

The radiologist in contract with hospital can bill two line items with different revenue codes to indicate both pieces (TC & PC).

Related Topics