Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Billing CPT 90460 and 36410

Fion Posted Wed 19th of September, 2012 21:23:07 PM

Is there any way to avoid a denied claim when billing the CPT codes 36410 and 90460together on the same claim without any modifiers? or are there any modifiers that can be used to prevent denials? For example, for UnitedHealthcare Community insurance when billing these 2 codes on the same claim, the denial error states "allowed amount has been reduced because a component of the B." Thanks in advance.

SuperCoder Answered Wed 19th of September, 2012 21:32:56 PM

If the claim is denied because the billed units of service exceed the allowed units, the provider can make modifications in the previously submitted claim by submitting a new day claim with the corrected units of service. If the provider feels that the exceeded units of service are medically reasonable, the denial may be appealed.

This was answered previously also. You can submit any additional query here only. Thanks

Related Topics