Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Aida Posted Sun 22nd of June, 2014 16:56:14 PM

My questions is that our office runs CBC in house. We realize that on one day the levels on the machine were wrong, meaning the test done that day are wrong.

My questions is what are we to do, since we submitted the charge to the insurance. My understanding is that we are to submit a corrected claim to the insurance, since the lab work is invalid. We would have to call in the patient to redo the CBC.

Please advise if this is the correct way of doing this.

SuperCoder Answered Mon 23rd of June, 2014 11:32:56 AM

Thanks for your question. The correct way to handle this situation is notify the insurance company of the error by submitting a corrected claim. It is important to check with that payer's policy on submitting corrected claims to ensure that you are sending in all required information. Some payers request that both the corrected claim and the new claim are sent in together, so be sure to contact the payer before sending the new claim in to ensure both claims are processed correctly.

Related Topics