Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Auto insurance related claims

Daryl Posted Wed 16th of February, 2011 20:57:07 PM

In Florida auto insurances pay 80% of the allowable charges and makes the other 20% of the charges patient responsibility. Should you bill the remanding 20% balance to the patient's health insurance or bill the patient?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 17th of February, 2011 08:31:09 AM

What is the EOB statement regarding the balance amount

Medical Answered Thu 17th of February, 2011 15:56:36 PM

Yes, you may bill the patients health insurance for the 20% by paper. Be sure to attached a copy of the Auto insurance EOB's to your claims form. Make sure the claim form matches your Auto insurance EOB/EOR. The claim form has to show that its related to an auto accident and that your billing it as a secondary insurance.

Be aware of the fact that depending on the insurance they may not pay you the full 20% owed if the allowed amount is higher than their fee schedule.

Related Topics