Dr. Rakesh Posted Tue 16th of January, 2018 14:52:15 PM
Did Aortogram, B/L Lower ext run off with Left Post Tibial angiogram, left Peroneal artery angiogram, Atherectomy and angioplasty of Ant Tibial artery and balloon angioplasty of Peroneal artery stenosis.
Need this to be billed in the sequence using modifiers - need help
CPT 36200, 75625. 75630,36246,75774,37229, 75964
SuperCoder Answered Wed 17th of January, 2018 04:58:29 AM
Please bill in the below mentioned manner:
- 37229 – would be the primary CPT code billed for atherectomy and angioplasty of Tibial and Peroneal artery
- 36247-59 – for Selective catheter placement in peroneal and tibial artery
- 36200-59 – for introduction of catheter in Aorta
- 75630 – aortography with runoff and 75625 without runoff
- 75774-59 – Selective angiography for each additional vessel
CPT code 36246 – is second order code whereas tibial/Peroneal artery belongs to third order and beyond. Hence, code of choice would be 36247
CPT code 37229 – taken for Atherectomy and angioplasty of Ant Tibial artery and balloon angioplasty of Peroneal artery. Since both belongs to the same vascular family branch, code would be billed only once.