louise Posted Sun 14th of June, 2020 21:03:50 PM
(1) Transfer of left ring finger flexor digitorum superficialis tendon to left thumb flexor pollicis longus 26480
(2) Allograft repair of left thumb radial digital nerve (10mm)
(3) Allograft repair of left thumb ulnar digital nerve (20mm)64886
(4) Allograft repair of left index finger radial digital nerve (20mm)
(5) Left carpal tunnel release 64721
(6) Use of surgical microscope
SuperCoder Answered Mon 15th of June, 2020 06:09:59 AM
Hope you’re doing well!
Thank you for your question.
As per the above presented documentation, the code(s) selections are appropriate. But for procedure(s) mentioned in point no. 2,3 and 4, the code which you have selected is 64886 (Nerve graft (includes obtaining graft), head or neck; more than 4 cm length), whereas, the allograft repair was performed on left thumb and left index finger.
The appropriate code as per the anatomical area (i.e. left thumb and left index finger) should be 64891 (Nerve graft (includes obtaining graft), single strand, hand or foot; more than 4 cm length) instead of 64886.
Note: Kindly correlate the codes with your detailed procedure note before final reporting.
Hope that helps!