Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Darshna Posted Wed 26th of October, 2016 21:14:28 PM
Can Medical Anesthesiologist provide Dental Anesthesia for Dental Extract, Crown Placement and Pulpaping
SuperCoder Answered Thu 27th of October, 2016 03:47:43 AM

Greetings from!

No, Medical Anesthesiologist cannot provide Dental Anesthesia for any dental procedures such as Dental Extract, Crown Placement,  Pulpaping etc. As per the guidelines provided by ADA (American Dental Association), the administration of local anesthesia, sedation, and general anesthesia is an integral part of dental practice. Dentists should provide sedation and anesthesia in compliance with their state rules and regulations.


For more information, you may check the following link: the ADA/Files/anesthesia_use_guidelines.ashx


Please feel free to write if you have any further questions.



Related Topics