Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Adult Day Care

Ramona Posted Thu 24th of April, 2014 13:47:32 PM

I need to know how to code for medical care given at an Adult Day Care Center. My provider was asked to provide care to patients at a center and we need to understand how this should be billed

SuperCoder Answered Thu 24th of April, 2014 13:55:58 PM

The best choice probably would be one of the “office or other outpatient services” codes (99201-99215). People tend to think of these codes as officevisit codes only. However, according to CPT, you may use these codes to report E/M services provided “in an outpatient or other ambulatory facility.” An adult day-care center would seem to fit this description.

Ramona Posted Fri 25th of April, 2014 11:48:01 AM

Thank you that is what I thought would be correct. What place of service code should I use?

SuperCoder Answered Fri 25th of April, 2014 14:42:30 PM

POS 99.


Related Topics