Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

99205 or 99215

Monica Posted Fri 20th of February, 2015 16:28:58 PM

#1 doctor calls and ask #2 doctor to see his patient that he has never seen do we charge a follow up visit or a new patient E&M.

SuperCoder Answered Mon 23rd of February, 2015 03:39:05 AM

If doctor 1 and doctor 2 belong to same TIN and speciality, you should bill established patient E/M visit code 99215. Otherwise, use the appropriate E/M consultation codes 99241-99245. Thanks !!

Related Topics