Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

97802 - 97804

Shani Posted Thu 02nd of April, 2015 15:18:21 PM

I have several questions please regarding registered dietician services.
1. Can 97802 - 97804 be billed by a M.D. or are these codes for dieticians only?
2. Can the dietician's services be billed under the physician's name? If they can be, do we use an E&M code or codes 97802 - 97804?
Thank you.

SuperCoder Answered Fri 03rd of April, 2015 01:09:11 AM

Ans 1: CPT code 97802 97804 can only be billed by the licensed nutritionist, registered dietician, or other qualified licensed health professionals such as nurses who are trained in nutrition.

Ans 2: If physician provided diet related services, he should use proper E&M codes.

Related Topics