Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Tammy Posted Thu 24th of March, 2016 12:35:23 PM

our provider wants to bill 89060 but she in not a pathologist. She says she is able to do it in the office. Can a provider bill this lab code or is there another code she can use to say that she has analyze this. thanks!!

SuperCoder Answered Fri 25th of March, 2016 03:22:42 AM

Hi Kayme,
Yes, provider can bill this code with the modifier 26, provided the provider is a physician.
(This Test is generally performed by specialist physicians and comes under the list of test eligible for reimbursement when performed in a physician's office). Hope this answers your question. For more clarity need to provide us with the credentials of provider. Thank you.

Related Topics