Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

67043 vs 67113

louise Posted Tue 10th of March, 2020 07:23:21 AM
Membrane peeling, fld exchange, Pars plana vitrectomy, Endolaser perform a core vitrectomy . prior PPV and there was very dense recurrent VH that was slowly and carefully cleared revealing an attached posterior pole with actively bleeding leaking NVE. There was some residual temporal hyaloid temporal to the macula that appeared to have contracted since the prior surgery. This traction was relieved with the cutter as it was elevated and clearly visible. MCE and blood staining of the cornea limited a clear view for further membrane dissection as the posterior hyaloid was again noted to be very adherent to the retina (which is why it was not peeled in the initial TRD repair). Endolaser photocoagulation was performed directly to areas of leaking NVE .
SuperCoder Answered Tue 10th of March, 2020 17:50:04 PM

Thanks for your question, however; please refer to SuperCoding on Demand for coding of this case. SuperCoding on Demand is located under "My SuperCoder" and then select "My Profile".

louise Posted Fri 13th of March, 2020 06:42:47 AM
Please explain what you are asking me to do ?
SuperCoder Answered Wed 18th of March, 2020 06:55:26 AM

Hi Louise,

We should take CPT code on the basis of the approach taken to perform the procedure.

CPT code 67043 would be the most appropriate CPT code since the vitrectomy was performed through pars planar approach along with endophotocoagulation and other procedures as mentioned in the submitted documentation.

Hope, provided information would be helpful.

Thanks!