Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

66984 and 67028 can be bill separately in facility setting and office setting?

Daniel y Posted Mon 11th of March, 2013 20:26:32 PM

66984 as facility setting and 67028 as in office, can they bill on a same day?

SuperCoder Answered Tue 12th of March, 2013 12:59:21 PM

For procedures the ophthalmologist provides in a hospital, report only the physician services, in this case 66984.

The ophthalmologist can report J3300 or J3301 if he injects it in the office. Code one unit of J3301 for each 10 mg the ophthalmologist injects.

Daniel y Posted Tue 12th of March, 2013 13:52:00 PM

Are you saying, I can only bill 66984 as outpatient and report only medication code as in office procedure without 67028?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 18th of March, 2013 14:15:41 PM

No,There should not be any issues with reporting both, especially since they are in different settings.

Related Topics