Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

65778 being denied

Marina Posted Tue 15th of October, 2019 16:15:15 PM
I billed procedure code 65778 with ICD 10 code S05.01XD. Blue Cross denied stating "diagnosis does not match the procedure performed". Will you please give me a list of ICD-10 codes that are compatible?
SuperCoder Answered Wed 16th of October, 2019 05:32:54 AM
Hi Marina Thank you for your question I would like to know the brief history of the patient documented in medical records for which the procedure has been performed before providing you with the list of codes or appropriate diagnosis code that are compatible with CPT code Also please mention...
Marina Posted Wed 16th of October, 2019 16:29:22 PM
The patient has severe dry eyes including corneal abrasion that was non healing with prior treatment. Subsequent visit
SuperCoder Answered Thu 17th of October, 2019 04:11:20 AM
Hi Marina The above-mentioned diagnosis S XD Injury of conjunctiva and corneal abrasion without foreign body right eye subsequent encounter includes injury as well as corneal abrasion of right eye However in your medical documentation the patient has severe dry eyes including corneal abrasion That takes us more towards the...
Marina Posted Thu 17th of October, 2019 12:22:13 PM
Is H04.123 compatible with 65778?
SuperCoder Answered Mon 21st of October, 2019 05:52:37 AM
Hi Marina As per CMS codes S XD and H are not compatible with instead try the code range mentioned below to match with your medical documentation H -H Recurrent erosion of cornea right eye - Recurrent erosion of cornea unspecified eye H -H Other specified disorders of cornea right...