Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Janet Posted Fri 02nd of May, 2014 11:39:23 AM

54050 Which chemicals are used to bill for 54050? We have been treating penis lesions with TCA (trichloracetic acid) and billing this code, is this correct?

SuperCoder Answered Fri 02nd of May, 2014 15:39:58 PM

Correct. Code 54050 is a chemical treatment of a lesion(s), usually performed with 75 percent trichloroacetic acid (TCA).

Related Topics