Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask an Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding question? Get definitive answers from TCI SuperCoder's Ask an Expert.

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all
Janice Posted Mon 11th of February, 2019 14:16:42 PM
Dr. blank worked in the neck and exposed the jugular vein in a standard fashion. I made an incision in the mid-thigh and mobilized the sartorius muscle laterally and identified the superficial femoral artery, and just caudal to that was the superficial femoral vein which I got proximal and distal control. Dr.blank got proximal and distal control of the jugular vein in the mid-portion of the cervical neck. I then tunneled an 8 mm ring PTFE graft from the femoral incision to the cervical incision. We gave heparin 10,000 units. We clamped the superficial femoral vein proximally and distally. We made a venotomy and extended with Potts scissors. We then sewed the graft end-to-side to the superficial femoral vein with a running 5-0 Prolene suture. The graft was already tunneled subcutaneously. We then sewed the graft in the cervical neck end-to-side in a similar fashion to the jugular vein. Once we took the clamps off, there was good flow through the graft. We made sure there was good hemostasis at the anastomotic site. We reversed the heparin with 25 mg of protamine. We irrigated with copious normal
SuperCoder Answered Tue 12th of February, 2019 07:24:28 AM
Hi Thanks for your question Kindly post the operative report on the SuperCoding on Demand SOD platform on the below mentioned link SuperCoder offers SuperCoding on Demand SOD http www supercoder com coding-answers coding-on-demand for coding of an operative report or chart note and you can contact - or e-mail...