Caralee Posted Sat 16th of February, 2013 02:30:21 AM
Please help with the coding for the complex cervical fusion described below.
Dr. performed 3 approaches for Cervical Fusion to fix kyphotic cervical deformity.
1) First approach is Anterior for C5 and C6 cervical corpectomy and C4 thru C7 anterior cervical diskectomy using microscope, fluroscopy for 3 hours and also placed craniocervical distraction pins during the operation for in line traction. No hardware was placed in this approach.
2) Second is a posterior approach in which lateral mass pedicle screw fusion was done from C2 to T2 for cervicothoracic kyphosis and posterolateral fusion from C2 to T2 using microscpoe and use of fluoroscopy for 2.5 hrs.
3) Third is a anterior approach with placement of anterior cervical cage and plates between C4 and C7, Anterior cervical fusion between C4and C7 using microscope and fluoroscopy. Please help to code this complex procedure. It seems like 360 cervical fusion. Thank you.
Caralee Posted Sat 02nd of March, 2013 02:49:18 AM
Any suggestion on this 360 cervical fusion?
SuperCoder Answered Mon 04th of March, 2013 00:32:12 AM
We apologize for the delay.This was skipped from our database. We are working on this complex scenario and will reply you soon.
SuperCoder Answered Fri 08th of March, 2013 19:14:39 PM
1) 63081, +63082, 77003
2) 22595-52, 22600, 22610, +22614 x 5, +22842, 77003
3) 22554, +22585 x 2, +22851, 77003