2021 Procedure Desk Reference
Descriptions and coding tips for 9,000 CPT® codes
Accurate coding begins with ensuring your knowledge of the procedures and the small differences that have a big impact. The 2021 Procedure Desk Reference simplifies complex procedure coding for clinical coders by providing easy to understand, lay descriptions for more than 9,000 CPT© codes. It’s the kind of simplified coding help you’ve come to expect from AAPC.
This valuable resource provides anatomical illustrations, billing, coding and reimbursements terms, an Evaluation and Management Survival Guide, and more.
AAPC’s difference includes these features:
- Comprehensive CPT® code listing - 9,000 CPT® codes and lay descriptions for E/M, surgery, laboratory/pathology, radiology, and medicine codes eliminate the need for multiple resources with a one-stop resource
- Lay descriptions - Easy to understand descriptions that include a clinical responsibility section which outlines step-by-step how the provider performs the procedure
- Glossary of medical terms- Definitions of more than 5,000 medical terms included in the glossary that provide you with a deeper level of understanding
- Modifier definitions and usage rules - Modifiers are taken to the next level when paired with descriptions, coding tips and usage rules
- Introduction to surgery coding chapter - Expert guidance to coding surgical and procedures and common terminology.
- Common abbreviations and eponyms - Eliminates the need to search in a separate resource for abbreviations and eponyms found in medical charts
- Normal lab values and vital signs - Values and vitals aid in determining what is an abnormal or normal result, helping your reporting
- Basic types of anesthesia - Explanations of the anesthesia procedures to aid in better understanding and more accurate coding
- Spiral binding - Sturdy coils with large pages so it can be laid flat or folded back for scanning
- Evaluation and Management Survival Guide - Comprehensive chapters assist in coding all types of E/M services complete with the 2021 code changes
- Anatomical illustrations - Color plates are the perfect companion section while reading the lay terms
Note: This book CANNOT be used for AAPC certification exams