Crack down on coding mistakes because you don’t understand CPT® code descriptors.
Code correctly now with the 2019 Procedural Reference Guide for Coders ̶ the industry’s most trusted source for lay descriptions of over 11,000 CPT® codes ̶ written in language that is easy for you to read, follow, and understand. Immediately apply your new knowledge to assign the right codes ̶ every time.
Get step-by-step explanations of procedures and services, including the most complex or ambiguous, differences between codes in the same families, and definitions of vague or confusing words used in code descriptors. PLUS: The 2019 Procedural Reference Guide for Coders gives you expert coding tips, new 2019 features, and numerous coding BONUSES that no other book with lay descriptions includes:
- Comprehensive lay descriptions for all CPT® Category I and III codes ̶ that’s 11,000+ codes
- Lay descriptions include 2019 new and revised codes ̶ You won’t miss any yearly updates.
- NEW: CPT® to G code crosswalk ̶ Quickly find each CPT® code’s equivalent HCPCS G code crosswalk on the same page to bill Medicare and other payers.
- NEW: New detailed and colored anatomical illustrations, including 30% more images, keep you coding correctly.
- NEW: 60 stick-on tabs in the book to mark specific sections and save time searching for codes.
- BONUS:Evaluation and Management Survival Guide - Clear up E/M coding confusion with this step-by-step guide for coding all levels of E/M services—including review of the key and contributing components, determining place of service, quick reference charts, and more.
- BONUS:Modifier Lay Terms and Explanations – Jumpstart your modifier know-how including when to append specific CPT® modifiers with a complete modifier list, official descriptors, summary of each modifier, explanation of when to use each modifier, and tips for assigning modifiers correctly.
- BONUS: Introduction to Surgical Coding and Surgical Terms – Master explanations of numerous surgical procedures, integral components of a procedure, the global surgical package, and when to code unlisted procedures.
- BONUS:Procedure Eponyms – Brush up on procedures named after a person, the specialty they relate to, and descriptions of how providers perform procedures.
- BONUS:Basic Types of Anesthesia – Get the lowdown on how to tell the difference between local, general, MAC, and patient-controlled anesthesia, explanations of over 15 types of nerve blocks, and more
- BONUS:Vital Signs and Normal Lab Values – Get the inside scoop on what’s normal and what’s not when you review medical records.
- BONUS:Billing, Coding, and Reimbursement Terms and Abbreviations – Learn the ins and outs of numerous terms and acronyms to interpret payer guidelines correctly.
- BONUS:Medical Terms Glossary ̶ Keep over 5,000 medical terms and definitions at your fingertips to avoid coding mistakes.
ORDER ONLINE or call 1-866-228-9252 today to get your copy of the 2019 Procedural Reference Guide for Coders.
*CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association
E-subscriptions for alerts and e-books are not printable.