ICD-10-CM 2019 includes almost 500 changes. Will you be ready?
Power up your coding knowledge with the updated 2019 ICD-10-CM for Physicians & Hospitals complete code set. We’ve kept the easy-to-read format you’ve come to rely onICD-10-CM 2019 includes almost 500 changes. Will you be ready?
Power up your coding knowledge with the updated 2019 ICD-10-CM for Physicians & Hospitals complete code set. We’ve kept the easy-to-read format you’ve come to rely on and added numerous bonus features to master accurate coding.
The 2019 ICD-10-CM for Physicians & Hospitals includes:
- Alphabetic Index to Diseases and Injuries and Index to External Causes of Injuries with colored vertical lines throughout to quickly locate subterms and codes to cross reference
- Table of Drugs and Chemicals and Table of Neoplasms
- Complete Tabular List
- Appendix of Z-codes for long-term use of drugs
- Guideline Tips for interpreting the 2019 Official Guidelines for every Tabular List chapter (available separately to customers)
- Appendix of symbols for 7-character codes
- AHA Coding Clinic® references to negotiate intricate coding scenarios
- Anatomy and physiology explained for several Tabular List chapters, including illustrations
- Practical steps for using the ICD-10-CM for Physicians & Hospitals
- Colored symbols and highlights throughout the Tabular List identify:
- MACRA, HCC, and RxHCC codes
- New and revised codes, revised code title, and revised text
- Unspecified, other specified, and manifestation codes
- Additional 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th characters and extension “X” alerts
- Notes, Includes, Excludes1 and Excludes2
- Z codes as the first-listed diagnosis
- Questionable admission, unacceptable principal diagnosis, exempt from diagnosis POA requirement
- Newborn, pediatric, maternity, adult, male, and female
- Complication or comorbidity, major complication or comorbidity, principle diagnosis as its own CC/ MCC, CC/MCC exclusion
- HAC alerts
- Dictionary-style headers, colored bleed tabs, and Notes pages
PLUS - Nail down optimal, ethical reimbursement with these BONUS features:
- NEW: Grasp the essentials of Risk Adjustment, Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs), and the Importance of Complete, Accurate ICD-10-CM Coding with our in-depth overview
- NEW: Master the basics of the Quality Payment Program with a new chapter that outlines the reporting requirements for MACRA: MIPS and APMs
- NEW: Get the inside scoop on test-taking tips and hints with the all new Exam Prep Chapter that prepares you for various coding certification exams
- NEW: Updated long-term use of drugs list includes new brand and generic drugs for a more extensive list than in 2018
- NEW: Value-added Summary of New/Revised/Deleted codes gives you at-a-glance references of all 2019 code changes (available separately to customers)
- NEW: 2019 Official ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines and Conventions with step-by-step flow charts included in the front of the book and sent to you before the October 1 effective date
- NEW: Updated Tabular list with new easy-to-spot coding TIPS and medical DEFINITIONS of complex terms
- NEW: Updated colored anatomical illustrations with 20% more detailed images
- NEW: 60 stick-on tabs bound within the book to save you time searching sections on the job or during certification exams
- NEW: Easy-to-spot highlighted additional character symbol in the Indexes
- NEW: Code first alert symbol throughout the Tabular List
AAPC approves this book for the following certification exams:
CPC®, CIC™, COC™, CPB™, CPMA®, CPC-I®, CRC™, CDEO®, CASCC™, CANPC™, CCC™, CCVTV™, CPCD™, CEDC™, CEMC™, CFPC™, CGIC™, CGSC™, CHPNC™, COBGC™, COSC™, CPEDC™, CRHC™, CUC™, COPC.
If you are taking the AHIMA certification exam for CCA®, CCS®, or CCS-P® between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019, you will need to use ICD-10-CM for Physicians & Hospitals 2018. If you take any of these exams from May 1, 2019 and beyond, you will need to use ICD-10-CM for Physicians & Hospitals 2019*.
*AHIMA does not update their approved book list until May 1st of each year.
ORDER ONLINE TODAY or call 1-800-508-2582
E-subscriptions for alerts and e-books are not printable.