MYTH:HCPCS coding is easy. Just assign the 2019 HCPCS code and wait for your deserved reimbursement.
FACT:HCPCS coding, billing, and reimbursement rules are often complex with hidden traps that could cost you thousands!
Quit settling for the default 2019 HCPCS code book. Get up to speed now with the 2019 HCPCS Level II Advisor, perfect your HCPCS coding, and hold onto your dollars. The 2019 HCPCS Level II Advisor gives you all of the tools you need for HCPCS coding success, plus new 2019 features with bonus training material to reel in revenue:
- Complete 2019 HCPCS Code Set ̶ Index to Services, Supplies, Equipment, and Drugs, Tabular List with all codes and full descriptors, and Table of Drugs and Biologicals ̶ now with more brand-name and generic drugs, dosages, and administration routes
- New, revised, and deleted 2019 HCPCS codes and descriptors to grasp crucial yearly changes
- Deleted Codes Crosswalk for 2019 to assign the right code every time
- HCPCS Coding Procedures section – Provides an overview of HCPCS codes and how to correctly assign them
- NEW: Customized Index with hundreds of customized entries to save valuable time – plus – an alert added to new entries for quick and easy reference
- NEW: CPT® Code to HCPCS G Code Crosswalk – Immediately identify the correct CPT® code crosswalk when you look up the HCPCS G code
- NEW: Expert Coding Tips for assigning codes from each section of the Tabular List
- NEW: Updated anatomical illustrations with 30% more new images help you code correctly using the Anatomy section and illustrations throughout the Tabular List
- CUSTOMER PICK! Blank Notes pages within the Tabular List keep crucial coding information organized
- NEW: Risk Adjustment and Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCCs) training ̶ Get ready for risk adjustment coding with training essentials including step-by-step explanations of common terms and regulations
- NEW: MACRA training chapter - Provides background on MACRA, MIPS, and APMs reporting requirements to secure your revenue
- NEW: Certification Exam Prep chapter – Get expert tips and hints for using the 2019 HCPCS Level II Advisor to prepare for and pass various AAPC certification exams.
- NEW: HCPCS Level II modifiers and definitions ̶ includes each modifier, official descriptor, lay description, and coding tips to avoid losing revenue by making critical modifier mistakes
- CUSTOMER PICK! Front and back fold-out frontcovers include CPT® and HCPCS modifiers and descriptors, plus Category II, Anesthesia, and Ambulatory modifiers
- NEW: 60 stick-on tabs for sections of the book increase your efficiency and boost code look-up speed during certification exams
- CUSTOMER PICK! Dictionary-style headers and bleed tabs to navigate quickly through book sections
- Symbols and alerts throughout the Tabular List for HCPCS 2019 code changes and Medicare’s coding, billing, and reimbursement requirements:
- New and revised codes
- Male-only or female-only procedures
- Age-specific codes
- ASC payment indicators
- APC status indicators
- ASC-approved procedures
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) codes
- BETOS codes and descriptors
- DME modifiers to assign with specific codes
- AHA Coding Clinic® article references
- Paid under the DME fee schedule
- Carrier judgment
- Special coverage instructions apply
- Not payable by Medicare
- Non-covered by Medicare
- Non-covered by Medicare statute
- Service not separately priced by Part B
- Other carrier priced
- Reasonable charge
- Price established using national RVUs
- Price established by carriers
- Price subject to national limitation amount
- Statute references
- Comprehensive BONUS Appendices help you master correct coding guidelines:
- List of Abbreviations ̶ medical terms, reimbursement concepts, and government agencies
- Place of Service and Type of Service Lists to bill correctly
- Payment Status Indicators for outpatient hospitals
- ASC Payment Indicators for payment determinations
- Column 1 and Column 2 Correct Coding Edits with modifier indicators
- General Correct Coding Policies for E/M services, NCCI PTP edit-specific issues, MUEs, and more
- Medicare’s Publication 100 references for supplies, equipment, drugs, and services
AAPC approves this book for the following certification exams:
CPC®, CIC™, COC™, CPB™, CPMA®, CPC-I®, CRC™, CDEO®, CASCC™, CANPC™, CCC™, CCVTV™, CPCD™, CEDC™, CEMC™, CFPC™, CGIC™, CGSC™, CHPNC™, COBGC™, COSC™, CPEDC™, CRHC™, CUC™, COPC, CIRCC®
If you are taking the AHIMA certification exam for the CCS-P® certification exam between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019, you will need to use HCPCS Level II Advisor 2018. If you take this exam from May 1, 2019 and beyond, you will need to use HCPCS Level II Advisor 2019*.
*AHIMA does not update their approved book list until May 1st of each year.
PRE-ORDER ONLINE or call 1-800-508-2582 today to get your copy of the 2019 HCPCS Level II Advisor.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association
E-subscriptions for alerts and e-books are not printable.