Master Accurate Modifier Assignments with Simple Explanations, Practical Examples, and Practice Exercises
- Are you grappling with which modifier to select and when?
- Do you need help interpreting what each modifier means?
- Do you teach coding but haven’t found a modifier book that actually teaches modifiers correctly and engages your students?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, then TCI’s best-selling Modifiers Explained 2019 will jumpstart modifier coding skills with:
- In-depth and easy-to-follow explanations of modifiers
- Plenty of real-world examples
- Numerous practice opportunities
Designed for beginning coders, coding instructors, and as a refresher for experienced coders, Modifiers Explained 2019 was written by a seasoned coding instructor using a conversational tone to speak directly to learners, teaching them the ins and outs of modifiers in language that is easy to read and understand:
- Conquer modifier confusion with real-world examples, advice, and practice exercises—plus get an answer key for the exercises in the back of the book.
- Updated for 2019, we simplify complicated modifier rules so that you can quickly understand and apply them.
- Make coding with the most challenging modifiers a thing of the past by applying real-world coding scenarios to modifier rules.
- Master 2019 CPT® and HCPCS modifiers with simple descriptions on how to append each modifier.
- Gear up for assigning modifiers correctly with critical coding, billing, and reimbursement rules.
- Keep training tools at your fingertips – Boost your students’ or team’s modifier knowledge or test job candidates’ coding skills before hiring.
- And much more!
Append modifiers correctly every time—and say goodbye to denials and partial payments:
- Clear explanations for each modifier with coding tips, including yearly modifier updates
- Real-life coding scenarios to enhance your understanding
- Exercises to reinforce what you've learned each step of the way
- Terms explained simply and clearly defined for you
- Tips on assigning modifiers appear throughout the text
- Comprehensive list of 2019 CPT® and 2019 HCPCS modifiers with lay descriptions
- BONUS – Don’t miss primers for completing the CMS-1500 and CMS-1450 (UB04) claim forms
- Glossary of common billing and coding terms
- Index for quick reference and look-up
- Dictionary-style headers and bleed tabs for easy navigation
Get walk-through guidance for appending modifiers – PLUS - details on each CPT® modifier, what it means, and how to use it:
- Nail down fundamental modifier basics
- Tackle CMS modifier regulations
- Clear up modifier confusion
- Solve modifier coding dilemmas
- Learn modifier ins and outs with over 40 real-world application exercises and practice exercises
- And so much more!
ORDER ONLINE or call 1-866-228-9252 for your copy today.